How many times have you said to yourself or someone that you care about “for Pete’s sake stop talking about it and just do it?” This simple statement is often a complex problem in many lives.
Do you really want to know what is holding you back from doing the things you want to do with your life? If so, do a bold and courageous inventory of your life, your assets and your shortcomings. Give your friends a piece of paper with the questions written on it and ask them to be totally honest without fear of reprisal.
- Who are you when you are alone? (Who do they think you are when you’re alone?)
- What do you stand for? (What do your friends think you stand for?)
- What are your strengths? (What do your friends say your strengths are?)
- What are your limitations? (What do your friends say your limitations are?)
- What 3 things do you value most in the world? (What 3 things do your friends say?)
If you can’t answer these questions easily it is time for reflection and perhaps counseling.
Do not read any farther until you have answered these questions and asked at least two friends for their answers.